When we lived in Nashville we had two puppies live in our “neighborhood.” One was a yellow lab named Hank & the other one was a corgi named George… no joke. Labs have never particularly been a favorite of mine and honestly, I don’t think I knew what a corgi was until George moved in. And there were various other breeds here and there, but no one breed stood out.
All that to say, from my multiple walks a day here, I have noticed some much beloved dog breeds here in Portland. So, without further ado, here are the Top 3 Dog Breeds in Portland:
- Bulldogs/pugs -granted not the “same” dog, but similar body structures.
- Australian Shepherds
And if you wanted to know, here are my favorite dogs in Portland to date:
- Merlin -our Corgi neighbor
- Grayson -a beautiful large black mixed breed at my work
- Charlies -a miniature Hound dog at my work
- Henry -a straw-haired mutt from Hawaii at my husband’s work (my husband is his favorite co-worker)
Sadly, we will not be getting our own dog anytime soon, so we will continue to enjoy the lovable dogs around us by spoiling them rotten, and then sending them home! 😉